Ponds Rejuveness Cream Containing Toxic Sends A Woman To Hospital, Acquires Permanent Injuries

A woman in the United States was hospitalized after using a famous skin-lightening cream for years.

According to CNN, a Sacramento woman was rushed to the hospital after suffering methylmercury poisoning allegedly from a skincare cream, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention confirms.

At first, the 47-year-old woman experienced an odd pricking sensation as well as arm weakness, prompting her to visit a doctor. Two weeks later, she returned to the doctor after suffering from blurry vision and slurred speech. The doctors admitted the patient to the University of California – San Francisco hospital. Soon, her condition declined into “agitated delirium”.

Test results confirmed that her body has “abnormally high” levels of methylmercury, says Dr. Paul Blanc of the UCSF Division of Occupational and Environmental Medicine.

Methylmercury is toxic that causes ‘permanent’ nervous system damage. Unfortunately, the injuries that the woman currently have is permanent.

According to the family of the woman, she used Pond’s Rejuveness from Mexico for the past seven years, twice a day. It is said to be tainted with the highly toxic methylmercury after the manufacturing.

The cream was examined and 12,000 parts per million of methylmercury was found in it. It is a bit over 1.2% and it is illegal to sell in the US skin creams containing 1 ppm mercury.

“Most harmful skin-lightening creams are intentionally tainted with inorganic mercury,” says Dr. Blanc. “But in this case, the patient used a skin-lightening product containing organic mercury, which is far more toxic.”

See below

Leave a Reply